Friday, January 21, 2011

Hrithik Roshan's Wax Figure Unveiled at London's Tussauds



Indian heartthrob Hrithik Roshan today became the fifth Bollywood star to have his wax statue unveiled at the world-famous Madame Tussauds museum here.

"I was stunned when I saw my wax figure," said the 37-year-old actor after unveiling the wax figure. Other Bollywood stars whose wax statues adorn the ornate museum are that of Shah Rukh Khan, Amitabh Bachchan, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan and Salman Khan.


Hrithik who was accompanied by parents, father Rakesh Roshan, mother Pinky, grandfather J Om Prakash, wife Suzanne and their two sons, dedicated the honour to his family.


"I am thrilled that my entire family is with me sharing this wonderful moment.  More than the wax figure it's a matter of emotions and pride that my family is there to see all this today. "It is made up of what I have received from my parents, grandparents, sister and wife.  They have made me what I am.  I dedicate this to my family," he said.
The Bollywood star also spoke about the first time he visited Madame Tussauds as a child.


"I was nine years old, holidaying in London with my family when my grandfather and I went to Madame Tussauds. We had to stand in line for 45 minutes and while I was jumping up and down with impatience and excitement, my grandfather waited patiently.


"I even told him that we should go and come back the next day but my grandfather waited till we could enter Madame Tussauds. Today I feel he's like that excited child I was," said the actor.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...